Sunday, October 28, 2012

Nature

 
I am currently doing an internship at Duke University, and being here in North Carolina so close to some mountains has been torture since I have been too busy to go visit them. But this past weekend I decided I was going to finally purchase that 1-person tent I have been wanting and just go and do it. But then things didn’t quite work out and I ended up staying in Durham for the weekend.





 
So instead of just sulking in my bedroom I decided I should go find what wilderness was near here. I went to the Eno River State Park, which is only about 20 minutes from where I am living here. The State park is 3,900 acres and the hiking trails crisscross over and along the river. I think I might have missed the best of the colors but it was still very beautiful and very comforting being in the forest.

 
If it’s possible a need as basic as that of food and oxygen is time I require in wilderness. Often forgetting this leaves me frazzled and an unenjoyable person to be around. Some people go to church, I go to the woods.

My new water bottle!

No comments:

Post a Comment